If you know me than you most definitely know that any well-trained doctor would diagnose me with an extreme case of the giggles. Or that I can’t keep a straight face for more than .2 seconds (the frowning Snapchat filter is the only way I can do longer). Or that I am that stranger who smiles at all of the people giving me death stares or avoiding eye contact when walking to class. I know I am weird. But I swear this smiling thing has made me overall a more positive person. So today, I want to give you 11 reasons to smile (10 is just way too mainstream of a number):
- It’s only Saturday, so guess what? One more day to sleep in, relax, hang out with your friends, and one more day to procrastinate studying for finals (smile because you are screwed and accept that).
- There’s so much great music being released. Go on Spotify and listen to all of the new albums that have come out these last few months. There are some on there to die for. No joke.
- Incredibles 2 is in the making. This is incredible news (puns am I right). We all know we’ve been waiting our whole lives for this moment.
- Chocolate chip pancakes exist. Annnndddd IHOP and Denny’s are open 24 hours, so whether you want pancakes now or at 2:54 a.m., they are within reach.
- Google “Obama and Biden bromance”. You will smile I promise.
- New Girl is on Netflix. And lets be real, that show will bring you lots and lots of smiles. Especially if Winston’s cat is on the episode you’re watching.
- It’s the weekend and that means this is the time when Costco has the MOST and BEST samples. HELL FRICKIN’ YEAH.
- I want you to think about your pet right now, whether it’s a dog, cat, or iguana. I bet you $10 (which I do not have btw) that you smiled.
- Remind yourself what you looked like in middle school.
- It’s almost Christmas. Do you realize in 15 days you are going to be able to watch A Christmas Story ALL DAY LONG. #winnerwinnerchickendinner #didshejustsaythat #howembarrassing #blamingmyweirdnessonthealtitude
- Your smile is contagious. That should be the reason you smile.
Look, I sincerely apologize if I didn’t make you smile. But heeeyyy I’d prefer that you pretend something in this blog post made you smile (even if it was a smile because you feel bad for me). Then I can go to sleep tonight thinking I accomplished something this fine Saturday. I mean the most productive thing I did today was either changing the toilet paper roll or remembering to take my vitamins, so I’d appreciate the help.