In a Holidaze
December 24th 5 P.M.
Christmas has officially started (regardless of what the calendar says).
December 24th 5:01 P.M.
The anticipation is here- this is when it truly begins.
December 24th 6:49 P.M.
It’s tradition at my house to open one present this evening, but “just one” always turns into “just one more please” & we tend to get carried away.
December 24th 7:07 P.M.
*Pretends there is not enough room for all the cookies to evenly bake on the pan, so I have no choice but to eat a few pieces of raw cookie dough*
December 24th 7:21 P.M.
*Drinks the World’s Finest Hot Chocolate and casually becomes drunk on holiday spirit*
December 24th 9:24 P.M.
Ends the night with Shrek the Halls because.
(I decided to cut that sentence off because who needs an explanation.. I mean it’s Shrek).
December 24th 9:24 P.M.
*Leaves carrots for the reindeer. And three mediocre-looking, maybe broken cookies (no one ending up eating) for Santa(s)*
December 24th 10:32 P.M.
I decide that I am going to bed early because I am actually 6 years old and still find myself rising before the sun does every Christmas morning.
December 24th 11:59 P.M.
I lied to myself. I am still awake. Counting down the clock. Watching 90’s cartoons. Petting my dog. Thinking deep thoughts about the universe.
December 25th 12:00 A.M.
I’d say “Merry Christmas”, but like I said, Christmas began on December 24th at 5 P.M.
December 25th 5:45 A.M.
*Checks trash can for carrots and cookies* …just to make sure
And finally, my gift to y’all are two amazing recipes that will rock your fuzzy socks off-
The World’s Finest Hot Chocolate Recipe (if it sucks blame Tori):
- 3 Scoops of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips
- Approximately 12 oz of Almond Milk
- 1 Heaping Teaspoon of Cocoa Powder and/or Cinnamon
- 1 Mini Candy Cane (Because it looks cute)
- Mini Marshmallows on the top.
- Duuuude if you don’t know how to make hot chocolate by now, then you are out of luck and probably need to reevaluate your life.
The World’s Finest Cookie Recipe:
- Pillsbury Holiday Cookies (The one’s with either the reindeer, Christmas trees, or snowmen printed on them)
Beeeeecause why spend time and energy on homemade cookies when these beautiful things exist? Am I right or am I right?
1) Go to the store.
2) Buy them.
3) Eat some dough.
4) Bake. Burn a few (every house contains a person who prefers them VERY well-done).
5) Eat some cookies.
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful, holly jolly, amazing, magical, fantastic, Christmas-y Christmas! And don’t forget to dress your pets in festive outfits and shake your presents when no one is watching. xo