The item I chose for this week is none other than DRY SHAMPOO! I never used it because it would always leave flakes in my hair (I was afraid people would think it’s dandruff). But then on a magical day (Wednesday to be exact) in a magical place (TJ Maxx to be more exact), I found “Batiste” & my life has never been the same since. Here are five reasons why:
- I am lazy. I am in college. Showers are time consuming and require effort. Yet I still need life (even if it’s just in my hair & the rest of my body tells you otherwise).
- Who wants to take a shower in the winter when it’s so damn cold… it’s honestly pure torture stepping out of the hot shower. I cry when that freezing air slaps my innocent body.
- It keeps me from using heat daily! If I take a shower, I always blow dry my hair afterward…& then curl it or straighten it. The technical term is “murdering your hair”. With the help of dry shampoo, I can easily revamp yesterday’s curls in a matter of seconds.
- Sometimes after I workout I don’t have time for a full shower, so dry shampoo is the perfect solution. It takes out the grease in my locks and POOF no one knows I just came from the gym (unless my extremely red face gives it away #gingerprobz).
- It’s healthy not to wash your hair everyday! Over washing can lead to a dry scalp and dry hair, so it’s a good idea to give yourself a break once in a while. I mean if you are doing a hardcore workout in 120 degree weather, you don’t really have a choice, but if not, loosen up a bit! You won’t regret it, promise.
If you can classify your hair as a buttface, then you should definitely invest in some dry shampoo. Personally, I recommend Batiste because it has worked well on my hair and there are a variety of scents! You can get it almost anywhere that carries hair products, but it’s cheaper at stores like TJ Maxx (at least compared to Walmart). Dry shampoo is my best friend every morning and leaves me feeling confident even when I wake up ten minutes before class! It’s the little things aka dry shampoo that can make a day wonderful.